We offer historical walking tours of Edinburgh’s UNESCO Heritage Listed Old Town (Auld Toun in Scots). Our tours are tailored for small groups, with a maximum of 12 people per tour. This size allows us to offer a more personalised guiding service and answer any questions along the way.
Evil Deeds: Burke and Hare
Delve into 1820s Edinburgh and the cadaver trade that shocked the city. Researched and written over six months, this tour examines Edinburgh’s social history and the fascinating story of serial killers Burke and Hare – murder, greed and deception.
This tour contains references to violence, murder and criminality and is not suitable for children.
- Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour start time.
- The meeting place is in the West End of Princes St. Once booked, you will receive confirmation of location.
- The tour ends in the North Bridge area.
- We can can devise wheelchair accessible routes, offer a written transcript of our tour in English and also provide a Guide. Please notify us before the tour with any requirements or queries.
- Please note that the Old Town is pedestrianised on the first Sunday of the month.
Steve guides the tours, you can’t miss him: tall, wearing an Auld Toun Walking Tours shirt.
Tickets are £11 adult/£9 concession/unwaged/pension/student + booking fee.
Please book at least 2 hours before a tour to secure your place.
Auld Toun Walking Tours donates 10p from every ticket sold to The Rock Trust, an Edinburgh charity who work with young people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.