We offer historical walking tours of Edinburgh’s UNESCO Heritage Listed Old Town (Auld Toun in Scots). Our tours are tailored for small groups, with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 people per tour. This size allows us to offer a more personalised guiding service and answer any questions along the way.
Coming soon! Social distance will be able to be maintained due to the large, outdoor space of Calton Hill.
Please note our Burke and Hare tour is suspended due to the tour navigating smaller streets and closes in the Old Town, where it is difficult to socially distance.
Burke and Hare: Serial Killers
Delve into 1820s Edinburgh and the cadaver trade that shocked the city. Researched and written over six months, this tour examines Edinburgh’s social history and the fascinating story of Burke and Hare – murder, greed and deception.
This tour contains references to violence, murder and criminality and is not suitable for children.
- Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour start time.
- The meeting place is in the West End of Princes St. Once booked, you will receive confirmation of location.
- The tour ends in the North Bridge area.
- We can can devise wheelchair accessible routes, offer a written transcript of our tour in English and also provide a Guide. Please notify us before the tour with any requirements or queries.
- Please note that the Old Town is pedestrianised on the first Sunday of the month.
Steve guides the tours, you can’t miss him: tall, wearing an Auld Toun Walking Tours shirt.
All tours have a minimum of 2 people to go ahead. If there are not enough people for the tour to go ahead, you will receive a complete refund.
Tickets are £11 adult/£9 concession/unwaged/pension/student + booking fee.
Please book at least 3 hours before a tour to secure your place.